FORECASTING & REPLENISHMENT WITH RETAIL LINK® DATA
Keep your products on the Walmart shelf by improving your ability to forecast accurately. Improve your supply chain as you learn solutions for problems. An intense, practical class.
It sounds simple: Get the right number of items into Walmart when they’re needed, and don’t run out. But it’s become a complicated game, and the rules keep changing. Accurate forecasts are essential to producing purchase orders that support both in-stock and merchandise flow. Replenishment is critical to profitability. Learn how to create orders, how modular changes are planned, and how safety stock is used in GRS. Leave class understanding the roles and responsibilities of the Walmart replenishment team and knowing the prescribed paths for communicating and collaborating with them.
For replenishment analysts and managers, forecasting managers, demand planners, and allocation managers.
Pre-requisites: Knowledge of Retail Link® navigation and ability to create a report.
This class is for Walmart suppliers selling in Walmart U.S. stores.
Suppliers selling in Canada, please check our Canadian classes.
Sam’s Club and dotcom suppliers, please contact us.
You Will Learn
- GRS basics and key concepts
- Causes of out of stocks and their corrections
- Challenges to demand forecasting and solutions
- Why some DCs get more product than others
- Best practices in demand forecasting
- When a trend presents an opportunity
- How to determine when forecast adjustments at the corporate and DC levels must be made
- How to use the Supplier View Instock Tool (SVIST)
- How to get more out of Future Valid Item Store queries
- How and when to communicate with Walmart
- How Demand, Calendar Allocation, and Forecast work together
- Sources of safety stock and how to provide recommendations
- How lead time determines dates on POs
- Best practices for end of life
- How to complete Supplier Closing template
- Truckload optimization
- How to create and retrieve PO reports
- How to create the Walmart Fill Rate and MABD Reports
- How to complete the Out-of-Stock Root Cause Dashboard
- Roles, responsibilities, and collaboration of the replenishment restructure
THIS IS AN ALL-DAY CLASS, RUNNING FROM 9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. CENTRAL TIME.
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- You will need a laptop with wireless internet and Microsoft Excel
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.