SUPPLY CHAIN TRAINING SUITE
Master supply chain in 2-½ days. Learn GRS Demand, GRS Fulfillment, and OTIF from an experienced Canadian facilitator using the most up-to-date information available.
Save $160 by purchasing the suite instead of individual classes.
Being aware of the current state of your business before planning for the future is important. Correctly analyzing sales, instocks, and forecasts is critical. An inaccurate forecast costs your company sales and profit and impacts your Walmart relationships. In this 2-½ day training suite, you will learn how to make informed decisions that will improve the performance of your business and enhance your credibility as a Walmart business partner.
All 8th & Walton classes for Walmart suppliers selling in Canada are taught by Heather Reid of Mississauga, Ontario. For 22 years, Reid worked at Walmart Canada, organizing and facilitating its Retail Link® and other training programs. She has taught over 2,000 suppliers.
This class is for Walmart suppliers selling in Walmart Canada stores.
Suppliers selling in the United States, please check our US classes.
Sam’s Club and dotcom suppliers, please contact us.
You Will Learn
GRS: Demand Forecasting
- GRS basics and key concepts
- Causes and corrections of out of stocks
- Challenges and solutions to demand forecasting
- How to generate Demand Workbench reports
- Why some DCs get more product than others
- Best practices in demand forecast
- When a trend presents an opportunity
- How to make forecast adjustments at the corporate and DC levels
- SWAS exception reporting
- How to use the Supplier View Instock Tool (SVIST)
- How and when to communicate with Walmart
- How demand, calendar allocation, and forecast work together
- Sources of safety stock and how to provide recommendations
- How lead time determines dates on POs
- Best practices for end of life
- How to complete Supplier Closing template
- Truckload optimization
- How to create and retrieve PO reports
- How to create the Walmart Fill Rate and MABD reports
- How to track sell-thru in Retail Link®
- How to complete the Out-of-Stock Root Cause Dashboard
- How to calculate lost sales
- How to create and retrieve a Supply Plan report
OTIF BASICS & REPORTS
- Why OTIF is important to your business
- How to locate your supplier agreement
- OTIF accountability by freight payment terms
- OTIF Overview and Expectable Delivery windows
- What is OTIF Supplier and Walmart Accountability
- How to navigate OTIF Scorecard to identify recurring exception
- How to read the OTIF Scorecard
- How to locate resources
- The key OTIF reports to run and review in Retail Link®
- Ways to fix your MABD and fill rates
DAY ONE AND DAY TWO ARE ALL-DAY CLASSES, EACH RUNNING FROM 9 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. EASTERN TIME. DAY THREE IS A 3-HOUR CLASS, RUNNING FROM 9 A.M. TO NOON OR 1 P.M. TO 4 P.M. EASTERN TIME.
PRICE: $1,440.00 USD
YOU SAVE $160 USD BY PURCHASING THE SUITE INSTEAD OF INDIVIDUAL CLASSES.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- You will need a laptop with wireless internet and Microsoft Excel
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.